Sunday, February 20, 2005

Buy your own shit

My SIL has been living next door to us for 2 1/2 years. In that entire time, she has never had her own trash can or pick up service. She uses our trash can that my husband and I pay for. She has usually been the one to take the can to the side of the road. That works out fine since, you know, she's not paying for it and I figure it's the least she can do.

She recently gave him $50 to pay for the service. That covers 3 months. Well, since she gave us the $50, she refuses to bring the can back to our house. Sure, she still takes it to the road, but she will not, I repeat, WILL NOT, bring it back. What is this about? Since she gave us $50 are we now splitting the trash can responsibility? That $50 really makes up for the $500 we have paid. If she really wants to make up for it, she can pay for the service as long as we live here (6 more months at the most). But even if she actually does that she will only have contributed a whopping $150.

This is annoying and not really a big deal, but this is not the only thing she benefits from at our expense. She used to share our cable and she actually paid half of that bill, but then she decided to use another company. That sounds odd and I suspect that she still uses our cable. I wouldn't know. She was also trying to rip me off when she tried to buy my car and never pays DH back when he stops to get beer or food for her on his way home. He's also expected to cut her grass for free and help her with any problems she has with her car or anything else, which he never does because--this is a shocker--he doesn't have time to cater to her every need.

!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Just wanted to say hi, and that I enjoy reading your blog. Your MIL sounds horrible. You poor girl! Hang in there. Maybe she won't live to be very old. (That's so bad to say, but damn! She's awful!) Anyway. Your blog is fun to read, and I just wanted to let ya know.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Gee, thanks! Glad somebody likes it. It's hard to tell.

Don't feel bad, I wish the same about my MIL and MIL Jr. (SIL).

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Bob said...

I read through some of your blog and our inlaws could be related. I am constantly amazed at their ability to show their complete lack of class.

It is usually after they've started to act normal and my guard is down... :)

10:40 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Mine never act normal. They did for the first few years of our relationship, but then they started to get annoying. When we got engaged, the shit hit the fan. They are really the most deceitful, evil people I have ever known and I've met a lot of demented people. I feel sorry for you if yours are exactly like mine. ;)

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Bob said...

I think it is sad that such people exist. My wife has cancer and I'm still dealing with childish games on their part. Oh well...

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home