Saturday, March 19, 2005

A ghost story...HA you believe me!

I mentioned before that we are buying the house MIL used to live in. When Jose first moved in (I was just spending the night all the time) his stepbrother was still living here.

One night, a loud banging sound woke us up. I lay very still with my eyes open and finally popped my head up to see what was going on. As I did that, the noise stopped. I looked around and nothing happened. Nothing was moving, nothing was there.

“What the hell was that?” asked Jose.

“I don’t know but it sounded like someone was slamming the closet door back and forth over and over.”

“No, it sounded like someone was stomping on the vent by the bed.”

“I don't know. I heard the doors sliding back and forth and then hitting the side. Like someone was slinging them back and forth really hard."

"Hmm."

"Well, whatever. It was really loud, though. It woke you up?”

“Yeah.”

This was exactly 5 a.m. I know because I automatically looked at the clock when I woke up. We sat there staring at the empty room for a few minutes wondering what made the noise. Eventually, we went back to sleep.

In the morning, we went to stepbrother’s room and asked him if he heard anything the night before. He said he woke up about 5 a.m. to a loud banging sound coming from our end of the house. Did one of us get mad and start banging on the walls?

So, we decided we must have a ghost. Since then, we've heard a few more weird things like doors opening and footsteps. It's not a big deal and we just laugh and say "Hey, there's the ghost!" We tell people these stories when they're drunk to scare them and make them cry.

We told MIL about it a few days after it happened to find out if she had ever heard anything like that when she lived here.

“Ohhh, yes! One time. Soosie, when we bought the house, they say a girl use to live there."

"Really? When was that?"

"A looong time ago. She about you age. And she die.”

“Really? What happened to her?”

“They find her dead. Nobody know why.”

“Oh. That’s scary.”

“HA! I just keeding. That never happen. HA. You believe me!” she sneered. And then she walked away.

Bitch. I didn’t know you would tell a bullshit story to be a bitch. Are you planning to kill me or something? Grrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home