Monday, March 14, 2005

On the road again

The husband and I went to Birmingham today for a doctor's appointment for the INS, or whatever it's called now. He had to get blood drawn twice and three vaccinations. Needles freak him out and right before he got blood drawn the first time, he passed out. He told the lab technician he might, but the tech didn't think he would. He said a lot of people say they'll pass out and then they don't. Then he almost passed out again when they drew blood the second time and gave him the shots. "I guess I'm really a pussy," he said on the way home. No, you just have to stop scaring yourself and remember to breathe. It's really not THAT bad. Hee hee.


This is the famous sign (in Alabama) on I-65 N. It's really blurry because we were going about 60 mph and there's a tree in the way, but it says, "Go to church or the devil will get you!" We didn't have time to stop and take the picture so Jose just slowed down a little bit. We were going to turn around on the way back and try again, but it is so far from any exit that we didn't. A few miles down the road is another sign on a barn that says, "Happy B'day Billy Graham Nov. 7th."


The peach in Clanton, AL, aka the Peach Capital of Alabama, between Montgomery and Birmingham.


Perspective.


The back of the cab of an 18-wheeler we saw on the way back home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Claypot said...

I too pass out if I have to give blood or get an injection. And the medical staff are always so rude when I say I have to lie down. They're all like 'Oh, you'll be ok, stop fussing and just sit down'. Er, no, because if I crack my head off your floor you will be sorry...

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home