Tuesday, April 05, 2005

He loves ME, not you

A few months before Jose and I got married, MIL started calling and/or coming over almost every day while he was at work, minutes before she knew he would be home. Before that, she would come over right after he came home to talk or be annoying or whatever. He asked her to stop coming over ALL THE TIME, so I guess she decided to annoy me by calling every day when she knew he wasn't home. One of those days, I was sitting at home and she was next door at SIL’s where all she had to do was look out the window to find out if he was home or not.

Phone rings.

“Hello?”

“Soosahn. Is Jose there?”

“No, (you dumb bitch) he’s still at work.”

“Ohh. Did he call you?”

“Nooo. Why?”

“He call me and I say, Jose, why you don’t call Soosahn? And he say because I love you, mom.”

“Oh...ok.”

“Ok. Bye.” Hangs up.

I sat and stared at the phone wondering what had just happened and what the hell she had meant.

When Jose got home I asked him if he had called her about something that day. He said no. I told him about the weird phone call. He got a strange look on his face and said he would ask her why she called. I don’t know what happened, but she didn’t call again after that. At all. She now only calls his cell phone. Ha. Victory for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger j said...

What a nut. Your blog kills me. I'm cracking up at work. It reminds me of my ex-mother-in-law.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I didn't know there was another person out there comparable to her. That scares me.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home